It’s finally here, the long awaited Got7 tour to America. Got7 is a multi-national boy band consisting of 7 members. Formed by JYP Entertainment in 2014, the group’s rise through the ranks in such a short time is nothing but meteoric.
From its inception in 2014, the group has consistently churned out hits, which have been featured on the group’s five EP’s and two full-length albums. Got7 checked in on the Billboard Artist 100 chart at an impressive no. 45 earlier this year, surpassing PSY, the only other K-Pop act to register on the chart.
Get to Know the Group Members
The septet hails from different nations, though the majority of them originate from South Korea. When once asked if he makes fun of other members in his native tongue behind their backs, Mandarin-speaking Jackson from Hong Kong replied “No, because I do it in Korean to their faces!”
The group members are:
- JB – Korean. Born Im Jae Bum, nicknamed Jaebongi, is the group leader and lead vocalist. Also doubles as a rapper. Debuted in 2009 with fellow group member Junior as the JJ Project. JB is also an actor.
- Mark – Chinese-American. Born Tuan Yi Eun in Los Angeles, CA, anglicized Mark Tuan is the group’s main rapper.
- Jackson- Chinese, Hong Kong native. Born Wang Ka Yee, anglicized Jackson Wang serves as a rapper. Previously represented Hong Kong in fencing, winning two gold medals at the Asian Junior Olympics in 2011.
- Junior – Korean. Born Park Jin Young and nicknamed Jirongie. Debuted in 2009 with fellow group member JB as the JJ Project. Also has acting experience.
- Youngjae – Korean. Born Choi Young Jae. Was the last to join the group but exhibited exceptional talent and trained for only 7 months before joining.
- BamBam – Thai. Born Kunpimook Bhuwakul. Sent to train in Korea at an early age. Won the Rain Cover Dance completion in Thailand in 2007.
- Yugyeom – Korean. Born Kim Yu Gyeom. The youngest group member aged 18, Born November 17, 1997.
Got7 has consistently topped the charts in both Korea and Japan with releases such as “If You Do” and “A”. They have 5 EP’s: Got it?, Got Love, Just Right, Mad and Flight Log: Departure, which was released on March 21, 2016.
Got7 launched their three-leg Fly Tour in Seoul, South Korea in April. The tour will see the group traverse 6 countries: Korea, China, Japan, Thailand, Singapore & the United States. The North American leg, dubbed “Fly in USA 1st Concert” Tour is promoted by SubKulture Entertainment. The dates and venues are:
- Friday, 1st July Verizon Theatre – Grand Prairie, TX
- Sunday, 3rd July Rosemont Theatre – Chicago, IL
- Tuesday, 5th July PlayStation Theatre – New York, NY
- Wednesday, 6th July PlayStation Theatre – New York, NY
- Friday, 8th July Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre – Atlanta, GA
- Sunday, 10th July The Novo by Microsoft – Los Angeles, CA
- Monday, 11th July The Novo by Microsoft – Los Angeles, CA