This past Friday our very own JJ Hill placed third in his race, getting him to the winner’s circle! Way to go, JJ! Check out a few car pics below (many thanks to Uncle Fred for the great shots!):
They’re stars now, but what were some of the best known artists of today doing before they made it big? I chose five newer artists and bands and found out what they were doing ten years ago.
Then known by her birth name of Stefani Germanotta, in 2001 the young Lady Gaga was a sophomore in high school. She attended New York City’s private Convent of the Sacred Heart school, which also counts Nicky and Paris Hilton, several Kennedys, and a Vanderbilt as alumni. According to her website, Gaga was performing on the club circuit during this time, especially at the prestigious nightclub The Bitter End.
The TicketNetwork car had another race this past Friday, and we have some great pics! Below you can see a sweet action shot of the car in motion, and you can also see that we were in 4th place at one point during the race! JJ is working hard to keep improving, and we’re excited to see how the summer turns out.
A lot of people love going to the theatre, but they’re unsure about what the rules are. What do you wear to a Broadway show? Do they have snacks? Can I do a jig during intermission? I put together a short list of do’s and don’ts when attending a performance on the Great White Way.
- DO wear whatever you feel comfortable in. It can be fun to dress up for the theatre, as the custom used to be, but there is no official dress code in any of the Broadway theaters.
- DON’T wear a giant hat. That’s just mean to the three rows of people behind you.
- DO shower before going to the theater. People will be sitting next to you for upwards of two hours, and they don’t want to have to smell you, too.
- DON’T wear an excessive amount of perfume/cologne. See above.
- DO feel free to buy snacks and show merchandise before the show or during intermission.
- DON’T wait until the show has started to open the candy bar/bag of chips/[insert other item with an annoyingly loud wrapper here]. Not cool.
That’s right, we’re sponsoring our very own racecar! This past weekend was the first race of the season, so our affiliate marketing guru, Erin, and I went out to the Stafford Motor Speedway to meet the crew and hand out some great swag to the fans who showed up to meet our driver, JJ Hill, and get autographs. At left you can see Erin and I with the whole crew, along with the freshly painted (and very cool-looking) TicketNetwork car.
It was a great morning, as hundreds of fans came out to support their favorites. Everyone was excited to kick off the season, especially all of the young kids who were experiencing it for the first time ever! We also gave away a $300 TicketNetwork gift card to one lucky winner, out of everyone who signed up for our newsletter.
Who wouldn’t want $300 in tickets? Am I right?
JJ fared well for the first race of the season, finishing 11th. The car took a little damage, which you can see in the picture at right. Still looks pretty, though.
We plan to keep you posted on JJ’s success throughout the season, so keep checking back here for updates and plenty of racing pics!